CUE 2010 Recap: My presentations

March9

Using Technology Effectively for RTI

Below is video from the presentation:

Takeaways: I know I did not cover everything as well as I could have, after I saw what Adina Sullivan, and Mathew Needleman did on interventions, but I think I covered the adult/paperwork part of RTI pretty well. You can judge for yourself. One thing that I’ve done for past presentations is to look up presentations after mine (since this one was at the second session, it would have been easy) that were related, or covered something I showed in more detail. I could kick myself for not doing that this time.

Unplugged Session on UbD

The Elluminate recording of the session can be viewed here.
Relevant links:

Closing out units post I wrote about the last group of units I finished

The New Units are Here! post where I wrote about upcoming units

My planning wiki

Post I wrote when I observed in Larry Ferlazzo’s class

Takeaways: This was a DELIGHT to do. It was small intimate gathering (the Edublogger Cafe), but since it was at a “crossroads” in the hallway, some people dropped in. What was very nice was having input from Tammy Stephens who did the prior session on constructivist learning. The two sessions dove-tailed well together, and Tammy adding some wonderful comments about the work I was doing.

DEN 7×7 Presentation

I don’t have any materials or video from this, it was largely based on this post, only I limited to seven and only got up to four, lol.

Visitors come from...

Howdy! I teach sixth grade at an elementary school in Sacramento, CA. I started my career in Oakland, Ca, and moved here to Sacramento in 2001.

My goals are:

1. To reflect on how I am teaching, and how effective my practices are;
  2. To reflect on my profession, and how effective various practices are;
  3. To understand the political and cultural context that we teach in; and,
  4. To network with other like-minded educators.

To help me reach my goals, I use this blog as a place for me to reflect on best practices, and the practices I’m (trying to) putting in place in my classroom.

I can be contacted here.

Disclaimer

The views expressed here are those of the writer and do not those of Sacramento City Unified School District.