Quickee

September17

Since my posts on classroom have been fairly positive, I thought I’d share the frustration that was the first day of exchanging students for mathematics. I can’t point to one thing that went wrong (because so many things did), but I think the problem was that it’s like re-winding to the first day of school, only it’s two weeks in which feels weird, and causes all sorts of dis-congruities, and logistical issues. Anyhow, I thought it was only fair to share the bitter since it’s all been sweetness and light on my blog up until now. I think it’ll settle tomorrow, but it’s all part of the job, isn’t it?

Visitors come from...

Howdy! I teach sixth grade at an elementary school in Sacramento, CA. I started my career in Oakland, Ca, and moved here to Sacramento in 2001.

My goals are:

1. To reflect on how I am teaching, and how effective my practices are;
  2. To reflect on my profession, and how effective various practices are;
  3. To understand the political and cultural context that we teach in; and,
  4. To network with other like-minded educators.

To help me reach my goals, I use this blog as a place for me to reflect on best practices, and the practices I’m (trying to) putting in place in my classroom.

I can be contacted here.

Disclaimer

The views expressed here are those of the writer and do not those of Sacramento City Unified School District.