NECC 2008 Session 9 – Live Blog

July1

by posted under conferences | 1 Comment »    
One Comment to

“NECC 2008 Session 9 – Live Blog”

1. July 2nd, 2008 at 7:25 am      Reply Dean Mattson Says:

It was interesting reading what happened in this session from your perspective. You did a good job. I think I’ll try doing this at a future conference.

Have you heard of a website called Into the Book (http://reading.ecb.org/)? I found about that at a session earlier in the day. I prefer it to ReadWriteThink. Although I like RWT’s activities better – they’re more open-ended – they’re in bad need of an update. Students can’t save their work for another time? There’s no (easy) way to export it other than printing?

Visitors come from...

Howdy! I teach sixth grade at an elementary school in Sacramento, CA. I started my career in Oakland, Ca, and moved here to Sacramento in 2001.

My goals are:

1. To reflect on how I am teaching, and how effective my practices are;
  2. To reflect on my profession, and how effective various practices are;
  3. To understand the political and cultural context that we teach in; and,
  4. To network with other like-minded educators.

To help me reach my goals, I use this blog as a place for me to reflect on best practices, and the practices I’m (trying to) putting in place in my classroom.

I can be contacted here.

Disclaimer

The views expressed here are those of the writer and do not those of Sacramento City Unified School District.