I’m late, I’m late, for a very important date…

April14

Well, what did you expect from a teacher named Alice!?! I missed posting for Cybercompliment day, so here it is…

Here are the people who did the most to help me as I started to join the edublogging community. Their help was invaluable:

• Scott McLeod: He still talked to me even after I misspelled his name as McCloud, he responded to my request for a Skype conversation knowing little about me other than my enthusiasum. We don’t always agree, but he in unfailingly polite, patient, and gives me a valuable insight into administrators’ perspective through his posts, and the posts of others that he features. Thank you Scott for assisting with my professional development.
  • Tom Turner: I was stumbling around and found DEN in December. I didn’t have unitedstreaming, and DEN was in chaos, but he was so friendly, and helpful answering my questions as I tried to navigate edublogging, etc. He was one of the first names on my blogroll. I love the DEN folks because they are so open even for those of us not in DEN, they are extremely inclusive. Hats off!

Other friendly faces along the way…

• Rick Scheibner: I like how he listens to my experiences, and shares his own in a really helpful way. Our many conversations have ranged from college baseball, to our students (both the beautiful and not so lovely parts of that).
  • Doug Noon: This relationship is less personal, but no less important to me. Doug’s writing inspires me, and makes me slow down (a hard thing to do–trust me). I’ll say it again, I love this man’s “voice” in his writing, and envy it to. He is thoughtful, and thought provoking.
  • All the folks at Edtech talk/WoW2.0/etc. : My family was starting to think I had my headset glued on for a while there, I was listening to so many webcasts. Thanks to all of you (Durff, Dave, Jenn, Jennifer, Jeff, Susan, and I’m sure I’ve forgotten a name or two).
  • All the folks at edublogs.org. James, who listens to my petty tech problems, and actually fixes them, and is friendly. Cerebrealoddjobs who is unfailingly helpful. Mike Temple who has an awesome how to blog. All of you are an invaluable resource to me and others.
  • Classroom20.ning.com: Still diving in there, but Steve and Gail have been great.

Okay, I’m sure I’ve left someone out, so sue me!

by posted under orchids, web 2.0 | 2 Comments »    
2 Comments to

“I’m late, I’m late, for a very important date…”

1. April 14th, 2007 at 4:12 pm      Reply Rick Says:

Glad to be here, and I think the help has been reciprocated many times. 🙂

2. April 15th, 2007 at 3:45 am      Reply James Says:

Heh – I do my best, nice post 🙂