Week Four in Review

September27

The week was choke full of stuff and had a good start, but ended with me getting a nasty upper respiratory infection which I’m still nursing.

Fifth Grade

Work continued on election ads. I had a whole long list of ads to get through, but got to just the first three on this list (which were from the LBJ vs. Goldwater race):

Sixth Grade

I had the students do something I hadn’t tried before, they picked out photos on perseverance, and favorited them. This is in preparation for making their own motivational posters using Motivator site.

Fourth Grade

I am FAILING at showing the first episode of “When We Left Earth”. The students are restive, and socializing. It is either not exciting enough, or just too long (I showed >20 minutes, but they are tuning out within the first 5). I may need to just cull the highlights? Suggestions welcome.

Teacher Training

I did my first training which was a 2 hour overview of Web 2.0. The turnout was small (about 6-7). My pacing was off, and I had to cutoff some parts (I always leave 40 minutes at the end for them to “play” with the tools). Here is my follow-up post:

by posted under orchids | 3 Comments »    
3 Comments to

“Week Four in Review”

1. October 21st, 2008 at 5:09 pm      Reply Bonita Walker Says:

Thanks, Alice, for the link in. Also, I absolutely LOVE your header on this blog! It looks great! Very Creative!

Bonita

2. October 21st, 2008 at 5:11 pm      Reply Bonita Walker Says:

I really like the idea of the motivational posters. We’re going to try making posters with our book reporst as soon as Benchmark I is completed. Whew! The test, the test, the test!

3. October 21st, 2008 at 6:44 pm      Reply alicemercer Says:

Bonita, YOU are my STAR! That was no problem. I’ve discovered that I made some small mistakes on the motivational posters. I should have checked the photos the kids picked to make sure they were creative commons licensed, not under copyright, so you might want to do that before they make posters. Learn from my mistakes, lol.